On 6th September a new national phone number “105” will be launched by electricity network operators for customers to call should they need to report or get information about a power cut.
Key points to note about the new service are:
· Dialling 105 will put you through to our local electricity network operator – the company that manages the cables, power lines and substations that deliver electricity into homes and businesses in our area.
· 105 is just one of the ways that you can contact your electricity network operator. You can also contact them by existing 0800 numbers or via their website, and most network operators are on social media too.
· 105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales.
· You can call 105 no matter who you have chosen to buy your electricity from.
· You can also call 105 if you spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put anyone in danger. If there is a serious immediate risk, you should also call the emergency services too.